Not yet using Siebel 16?
The time to upgrade is now!
Organizations upgrade their Siebel applications to Siebel 16 for a variety of reasons:
- New functionality and productivity enhancements:
- Open UI
- Siebel on Mobile Devices (Tablet/Smartphone)
- Task based UI
- Microsoft Exchange integration
- Google-like search functionality, etc.
- Support for newer versions of ancillary software, such as web browser, operating system, database platform, business intelligence tool, etc
- To stay full supported by Oracle and gain access to latest functionality and security patches
But many companies also hesitate to upgrade their Siebel systems because of the cost associated with the initial implementation or because a previous upgrade attempt may have run over budget and there is an expectation that there is no better way to do it.
But there is a better way to do it. And our consultants have a proven track record from a number of successful upgrades in a number of different scenarios: using Siebel's native upgrade scripts, upgrading via rebuild, converting from the horizontal to industry specific Siebel version, changing database platform, etc. Below is an example of a technically challenging upgrade that was completed in only 4 months and here is a an example of a recent Siebel upgrade with Open UI deployment.
Siebel 8.x Upgrade on time and on budget in four months.
A client in the Financial Sector was an early adopter of Siebel, but even after the release of Siebel 8.x they were still operating a Siebel '99 FINS application.However, after the realization that both server hardware and operating system software were no longer supported by their respective vendors, the decision was made to upgrade.The upgrade also involved migrating all data from a legacy DB platform to the latest version of MS SQL Server as this was now the client’s standard for enterprise-wide applications. It was decided to start with a clean sheet and re-implement the Siebel application for several reasons:
- The upgrade path from Siebel '99 to Siebel 8.x is complex, involving the upgrade to two intermediate versions.
- With the a change in database platform and the significant differences between the Siebel database schemas in the different versions, it was considerably simpler to migrate the required data using a series of Siebel EIM tasks, than to go through the process of using Oracle's multi-step upgrade scripts.
- Many of the customizations in the Siebel '99 application could be replaced with vanilla functionality in Siebel 8.x.
- Most of the remaining customizations in the Siebel '99 application could be re-implemented using simpler and more efficient configuration techniques.
Our consultants devised the upgrade strategy, estimated the work involved in the upgrade, developed a project plan and designed the upgrade. The upgrade and data migration was implemented and rolled out on time and on budget in only 4 months from the first meeting to the go-live!
The case study above is only one of many examples that demonstrates that we have the required skills and can upgrade your Siebel application at a small cost compared to other vendors.
Find out more and contact us!
Internet Explorer 8 Support End DateDid you know that support for Internet Explorer 8 ended in January 2016?
Do you know the implications for your Siebel application?
Click on image to watch a short video to help you determine whether your Siebel platform is fully supported with the version of Internet Explorer that you are using?